This page describes how Northug.com and Brand Assist AS use and protect the personal information you provide when using the northug.com. website.
What we record
When you visit our website we can collect the following information:
- Personal information (if this is provided) such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address and demographic information such as location and language.
- Purchase information (name, company name and delivery address) and order information (product, number, purchase date, order number and payment details).
- Relevant information provided by you through surveys and offers.
- Use data collected via tracking and information cookies. For an extended list of these then please refer to the separate section.
How the information is used
We use this information to improve our understanding of your requirements and to provide a better service, particularly for the following reasons:
- To improve our products and services.
- To improve the customer’s experience through our website and other channels.
- To make special offers, create campaigns and product launches (with your approval).
- To offer you an improved customer service and guarantee as well as to handle your enquiries and complaints.
If you decide not to provide the requested and necessary data then this may lead to us not meeting your requirements in respect of customer service.
We are obliged to ensure that your information remains secure. To prevent unauthorised access we have implemented the necessary physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect on the internet.
Your data and third-party agencies
We never sell information to third-parties. Some data may be shared with third-party suppliers and these are listed below. We take the necessary precautions to ensure that these respect and protect this data.
- Third-party suppliers who offer services on our behalf, such as for payments, orders, shipping, data storage, sales, advertising, research, customer services, transport, fraud protection and IT support, are prevented from using your data for other means other than for these services.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive or device. Once you have permitted their use this permits us to recognise your device and your settings on the website. Through these cookies we can customise the website to offer customised solutions, measure the efficiency of advertising and undertake analyses and searches. Some cookies are placed in your browser’s cache while others are stored in Adobe Flash Player files.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which web pages have been viewed. These help us to identify website traffic, improve the website and to customise it to meet individual customer needs. We only use this data for statistical analyses.
All in all, these cookies are used to offer you a better website and to tell us which pages you believe are the most useful. In no way do they give us access to your device or information about you beyond the information you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or reject these cookies. Most browsers allow these automatically but in most instances you can change your preferances in your settings. By not permitting these cookies may mean that you cannot fully utilize the website.
You can delete cookies on your device as follows:
Go to Chrome.
Click on the the top-right and select Settings.
Click on Advanced at the bottom.
Under Privacy and security, go to Content settings.
A new window will pop up. Go to Cookies in order to block or allow all websites from storing information on your device. Select See all cookies and site data if you want to specify yourself which websites this is to apply to.
Go to Internet Explorer.
Click on the top-right and select Alternatives for Internet.
Go to the tab Privacy and select Advanced
A new window will pop up with options on how cookies are to be managed:
Go to the Safari app.
Click on Safari -> Select in the menu at the top to the left
Go to Privacy and you will be able to manage cookies
For further information on what the options mean then you can click on the question mark icon at the bottom left of the box.
Go to Firefox.
Click on the top-right and select Settings.
Go to Privacy and Security in the menu to the left.
Go to Opera.
Click on Menu at the top to the left in Opera and select Settings
In the menu to the left, click on Advanced and select Privacy & security.
Under Privacy & security you then select Settings for content -> Cookies.
Here you can allow or block cookies, if you want to have specific rules for particular websites then you can go in to See all cookies and site data
Click on … at the top right-hand corner of the Edge window.
Select Settings at the bottom of the list of options.
Click on the tab where it says View advanced settings at the bottom of the list in Settings.
Scroll down until you find Cookies, click on the list of options to manage them.
Pixels are small electronic codes which are installed on websites, banner advertising and/or e-mails. These are designed to collect user data such as advert views and clicks, mail-opening rates, advertising campaign efficiency and cookie acceptance.
As we gradually adapt to further technology it may be that we collect information through other means.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that once you have left our website by clicking on any of these, that we have no control over any website you consequently visit. We cannot therefore take any reponsibility in respect of any information you provide or leave on these sites and this privacy declaration consequently does not apply to other websites. We therefore urge you to be aware and to read the privacy declarations relating to these websites.
Control of your personal information
You can choose to limit the collection of personal data as follows:
- When you are asked to fill in any forms on the website, look out for a box where you can click to say that you don’t permit your information being used by anyone for marketing purposes. If you have previously accepted that your information can be used for marketing then you can send us an e-mail (email@example.com) if you wish to change this. We will provide you with a link to make this easier for you.
You can request to see any information we have stored about you by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.)
You can also send us an e-mail to the same address if you believe we have stored incorrect information about you. We will correct this immediately.
Northug.com is operated by
Brand Assist AS
Karoline Kristiansens vei 4